M.I.A. Recovery Network has been formed in the State of Texas as a 501-c-3 corporation under the IRS code. The goals of the organization are as follow;
- To act as an advocacy group for the missing in action of all wars and their families.
- To provide historical and archival information to the families of the missing with respect to their loss
- To assist other researchers in the gathering of data to be used in field searches and eventual recovery of remains
- To act as a coordinator between families, governmental agencies, and NGO’s when pursuing MIA cases, and to refer families to competent and reliable field operators working in Europe, China, Vietnam and the Pacific islands
- To serve as liaison between families and the Department of Defense in scheduled monthly conferences involving MIA research and recovery